Sunday, July 22, 2007

Week in Review

Monday 7/16

Power
Cycling
I'm having a hard time in crossing past the mid 80's in the profiles when standing. It's actually easier to test my heart rate in a seated climb, than standing. Although we are supposedly in 3rd, it feels more like a standing run on the M3 bikes.

Tuesday 7/17

Speed Session
I completely punked out on this one. I ran two sets of one milers at 7.4 MPH. I covered a total of four miles, but I was hoping to get at least three sets in.

Thursday 7/19

I took a serving of a pre-work out supplement that was incredibly effective. I felt like a car spinning out of control - all sorts of kinetic energy unleashed, and I was having a hard time controlling my mind. It was the most intense work out I have ever had, but it was a little scary at the same time.

Tempo Run












Power


This week was a bit of a slow restart, but hopefully, this coming week will be better. I tried to go out for a distance run today, but it had failed miserably despite two attempts at covering some semblance of distance. The first try resulted in a pace that was slightly faster than 12 minutes per mile, and I had to turn around after two miles. Nothing felt right, and I really needed to pee. So after using the bathroom, I ditched my water belt (I think hearing the water swishing around my mid section made me think I needed to go more so than I actually did), and tried again. The pace was a bit faster, around 10:45 per mile during the first mile, but by the time I crossed over into the second mile, the special go, go, go feeling just wasn't there.

I am feeling a little discouraged and distressed. I'm tempted to give it up, and just live like a typical person without any real athletic commitments. I know that's not the sort of person that I am, but being this emotional wreck just isn't working out for me.

No comments: