Friday, July 27, 2007

Tempo Run #8 & Power

Done and done.

I was a bit ambitious and started last night's tempo run at 7.3 MPH, but a bit after a third of a mile into the work out at that pace, I knew I wouldn't be able to hang in for three full miles. So I reduced my speed to 7.2 MPH, which is basically about right given that my speed work is at 7.4 MPH and I do cross past 90% during the third set of speed at that pace. The impact of just a tiny tenth of a mile per hour or 13 seconds per mile faster is simply amazing.



After the tempo run, I peeled myself off the treadmill and proceeded to Power with the cutest fitness instructor I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I was hopeless in his class, even sat down on the bench during one of the breaks in between sets, but I still stuck it out for the entire hour. The extra fatigue on the legs is what makes them shapelier ... right? He was worth every minute of the pain though.

I just need to figure out a way to pull myself together before going to his class. Seriously, I looked like a train wreck with puffy out of control hair. Life will be so much easier when the sucker finally grows out. If it's one thing I've learned in the 26 years of my existence is that long hair is easy points on the hot chick score card.

For extra credit, I managed to wake up about twenty minutes after my alarm went off this morning, which was set at 4:45 AM. I got started on my run a bit later than I normally do, at 5:20, and it was just a miserable morning. It was hotter than normal and incredibly humid with overcast skies. I was actually cramping up a bit and the run itself was just not enjoyable. I only covered about 2.5 miles, but today was suppose to be my day off, so I'm not feeling bad about it. The main reason for the early morning run is because I have an appointment with my nutritionist tonight. I know that a twenty minute run first thing in the morning probably isn't going to do much for me in terms of my body composition, but I think it may have some sort of impact on my numbers tonight. I hope it does, at least.

No comments: