Monday, September 17, 2007

Almost Back Entirely

Tuesday Night

6 miles on treadmill at a leisurely 10 minutes per mile pace - heart rate did not exceed 80% max

Half an hour on a machine that's like part elliptical, part stair climber - hear rate did not exceed 75% max

Wednesday Night

Power Session

6 miles on treadmill at the same 10 minutes per mile pace - wasn't wearing heart rate monitor

Thursday & Friday Nights

In Little Italy for the Feast of San Gerrano

Saturday

Deep tissue massage and a facial

This sort of treatment will definitely be part of a regularly schedule program. I think the massage is what made me return to being human. Well, the massive quantities of the uber doughy zeppola helped a bit as well.

Sunday

What an absolutely gorgeous pre-fall day. I was worried about the type of distance I would cover, but I simply couldn't not head out there for some sort of run. I was pleasantly surprised a bit after an hour and having completed my typical seven mile loop, I was able to resist heading home and continue on to finish ten miles in 1:40.

As for today ... there will be a Power Session and some time on a treadmill.

I hope I'm back for good. I didn't like not having any go in me. Thanks Gotta Run for your advice in my previous entry. I think you were right about the recovery and my need to clear the head.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

YOU ARE BACK!!! I vote to repeat Saturday's as often as your wallet will allow. You are worth it!! Sure wish my wallet knew I was worth it.

Lovin the slightly cooler weather. Sure beats all the heat!!!