Monday, June 25, 2007

So It Wasn't the Cheese

Tried for 16 last night, got all of 10.3 miles in.

I knew it from the very beginning because I wasn't using my quads as much as I was using my calves. Needless to say, the pace was UBER slow, something like 11:30 minutes per mile.

The gravel trail I do my long distance runs is insufferable. It takes every last grain of joy out of running. Before I even hit the 8 mile turn around, I was thinking maybe I should just do my typical 10 - 12 mile paved loop everyday instead of doing this marathon training stuff. I would have more fun, and I really don't need to do marathons. It's just ... cool to run through cities ... the closed down 26.2 miles worth of road for the sake of pedestrian traffic.

Okay, so I need to do marathons. That's one of the best ways to tour a city. I just have to figure out some other place to go to cover the heavy mileage days.

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Did you really say "gravel trail?" Just reading those words makes my knees hurt.

Stop the madness and run where you find your heart happiest!! 26.2 is the way to tour any city.

Gotta Run..... said...

You are not helping with my beer problems.... now i HAVE TO TRY THESE!!!!